- Character Name: Karena Tyan
- Class: Associate Producer
- Specializations: Community Manager, Voice Actor, Writer, Artist
- Efficient Organization
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Tactics: Recommend bringing Karena along for missions requiring complex problem-solving, high levels of coordination, and efficient project management. Situations requiring singing may also benefit from having Karena in your party.
- Bonuses: Karena grants a +50 bonus to Morale and Happiness to all party members. Karena receives a +25 bonus to all attributes if your party has high Creativity, Quality and Humor stats.
- Hobbies: Playing and studying video games, piano, singing, a cappella, flute, tennis, volleyball, indoor rock- climbing, jewelry-making, creative writing, reading, drawing, arranging music for a cappella.
Biography: Born and raised in the frozen expanses of Rochester NY, Karena evolved a personality meant to supply much- needed Vitamin D to nearby people during the frequent blizzards that plagued the area. When not supplying sunlight to people's souls, Karena explored her interest in both the humanities and sciences and eventually made her way to the hallowed halls of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
At first, she meandered down the Computer Science path, but in time she realized her true calling lay elsewhere, in the land of anthropomorphized polygons and fantastical storytelling. She studied with the faculty and staff in Comparative Media Studies, interned at Electronic Arts on the Wii game MySims, and worked at the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab to prepare herself for the road ahead. Finally, she graduated with a degree in Humanities in Engineering, allowing her to utilize the skills learned in both fields.
Following her departure from MIT, Karena found herself in the company of the fine fellows at Microsoft Game Studios. There, she worked with many talented individuals to create the finest singing experience available on the Xbox 360, Lips. As Associate Producer/Producer on this and other franchise titles, she leveled up her project management, organization, and communication skills and learned to appreciate the collective efforts that allow amazing games to be made. It was here that she began her specialization as Community Manager for the Lips.com website. After a year and a half, Lips came to an end, and she found her itching feet once again leading her back to the road.
These days, Karena can be found dwelling in Redmond, where she is working on various independent projects, her website, and aspiring to be a Voice Actor in addition to an Associate Producer. She aims to continue her path as Associate Producer with an excellent, creative game development company that loves what they're doing.
If you would like to recruit Karena to join your party, feel free to contact her at kupowark@kupowark .com!